Who Are We?
Have you ever gone into a grocery store or convenience store for things like milk, bagged salads, or frozen pizza? The coolers and freezers you find those and other food products in are what we do!! Zero Zone is a manufacturer of reach-in and open refrigerated and frozen food display cases as well as the refrigeration systems that work behind the scenes to cool the cases, keeping the food fresh! We also make powerful industrial refrigeration systems for food warehousing, pharmaceuticals, and even ice rinks!
Our company is structured across 2 divisions – the Display Case Division, located in North Prairie, WI, Waukesha, WI, and Mukwonago, WI and the Refrigeration Systems Division, located in Ramsey, MN and Dyersville, IA.
What Are We Like?
At Zero Zone, you will be a valued member of the Zero Zone team, able to take ownership of your own career path. We believe in hard work, teamwork, collaboration, and respect, and we have grown through dedication to our Purpose: “Preserving customer valuables through refrigeration.” For over 60 years, we have been a leader in refrigeration, and our people are well known for exceptional customer service. We also believe we are the COOLEST coworkers (pun intended)! This is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the refrigeration industry with one of the top leading manufacturers in the country! Come grow with us!!
What Can We Offer You?
- Vacation and Personal Hours (after only 30 days!)
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, HSA/FSA, EAP)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs and Incentives
- Steel Toe Reimbursement
- Employee Engagement Programs
- One-time Home Computer Reimbursement
- And more!
What Will You Do?
The Engineering Designer/ CAD Administrator Role is a combined position with the intent to keep the CAD administration relevant by remaining active in the current workflow for real-life modeling needs. The expected split will depend on context with the administration role as a priority.
The CAD Administrator Role will resolve training, software and infrastructure needs, identify and address urgent issues that hinder engineering productivity. Issue resolution and follow-through with software VARs, vendors and/or other departments and contracted groups as required for their timely resolution. This Role will also manage timing and implementation of additional software, enhancements, standards and engineering best practices across all Zero Zone divisions and locations.
The Engineering Designer role encompasses mechanical design primarily for sheet metal and plastics processes and incorporates electrical and commercial refrigeration components integrated into assembly, part and ERP documents for the Multi-Deck group. In-depth knowledge of Solidworks (outlined below) and IFS (ERP equivalent considered) required.
- Assist in the administration of the Engineering Department’s CAD modeling software SolidWorks and Visio (electrical schematics). This includes the determination, justification, implementation and testing of any upgrades and service packages as well as new SolidWorks Add-Ins or Gold Partner software.
- Assist in identifying standard parts contained in a catalog or library, standard drawing details and templates for drawings, parts, assemblies and bills of materials. Conduct the training and documentation that is needed in support of SolidWorks including best practices and work instructions within Product Engineering.
- Develop and publish user tips and best practices that will increase the user’s knowledge of SolidWorks and increase their proficiency and net productivity.
- User support:
- Act as the user’s first point-of-contact for questions and problems for SolidWorks.
- Respond to day-to-day CAD community support
- Conduct User Meetings bi-monthly or as needed that identifies software, hardware, procedural or other issues that users experience.
- Coordinate or provide training class opportunity for users.
- Provide major project/crisis support
- Support users daily with CAD and SolidWorks issues.
- Interface with IT to define requirements of any new software requirements and/or upgrades to existing software and/or upgrades to existing hardware.
- Work with IT as required on obtaining Engineering budget information including software, licenses, new hardware and special training.
- Administers, maintains and evaluates SolidWorks CAD and related system software including troubleshooting and providing resolutions to systemic problems.
- Works proactively to identify potential issues and recommends and implements preventive solutions.
- Work with IS&T to define the scope of work for regular back-ups, routine maintenance, installation of updates, recovery from outages, restoring back-ups, and installation of upgrades.
- Work to resolve any SolidWorks issues by verifying, documenting and tracking problems. Gather required data (sample models, PPTs, AVIs, etc.) and formulate and present enhancement requests for submittal to SolidWorks or reseller. Work to expedite these requests for implementation.
- Managing and maintaining existing and new product documentation, including 3D CAD models, specification sheets, etc.
- Tracking engineering change orders and product revision history.
- Develop product roadmap in alignment with requirements from engineering steering committees and VAR offerings.
- Manage application landscape within VAR/ software recommendations to affect CAD standards/best practices including planning for updating and migrating legacy data.
- DFM/A and LEAN efforts to better optimize production assembly of parts.
- Demonstration of practical, relevant industry experience in mechanical design, with an understanding of designing into manufacturing/ production processes.
What Are We Looking For?
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of you in this position:
- Understanding of quality systems (APQP/ PPAP, FAI, Cpk).
- Understanding of DFM(x), Design and Process FEMA terms and practices and analysis tools such as a Pugh matrix or others.
- Experience with continuous improvement of products, recognize cost reduction opportunities within a part/ product design with regard to process ROI.
- A working familiarity with ASME Y14.5, Dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) and ASME Y14.41. Model Based Definition (MBD).
- IFS Applications (ERP/MRP) or equivalent applicable experience.
- Advanced process understanding for the manufacture of sheet metal components, plastic injection molding, die casting and other net-shape forms preferred.
- Acquire/possess a basic understanding of electrical schematics and/or ladder diagrams.
- Enjoy a generally positive attitude and is comfortable working in a team environment.
- Ability to design for new income streams requiring interpretation of Product Requirements (PRD) for concept generation and presentation .
- A fluency in conversational Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-year Technical Certificate and/or equivalent practical experience in engineering along with courses, seminars, CE credits, etc.
- Solid working knowledge of Project Management and CAD software, design principles/practices and manufacturing processes.
- Good working knowledge of ASME Y14.100, Y14.41 and Y14.5
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience using CAD/PLM systems with a CAD Administration role
- Must be a Certified SolidWorks Professional – CSWP
PHYSICAL & BEHAVIORAL: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions:
- Regularly required to stand or walk; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds usually from the floor to waist level, up to 20 feet away
- Frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, usually from the floor to waist level, up to 20 feet away
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Requires the use of safety glasses and steel-toed safety shoes
- Zero Zone expects all employees to behave and communicate in a manner which will facilitate good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and supervisors: maintaining a positive work atmosphere