Who Are We?
Have you ever gone into a grocery store or convenience store for things like milk, bagged salads, or frozen pizza? The coolers and freezers you find those and other food products in are what we do!! Zero Zone is a manufacturer of reach-in and open refrigerated and frozen food display cases as well as the refrigeration systems that work behind the scenes to cool the cases, keeping the food fresh! We also make powerful industrial refrigeration systems for food warehousing, pharmaceuticals, and even ice rinks!
Our company is structured across 2 divisions – the Display Case Division, located in North Prairie, WI, Waukesha, WI, and Mukwonago, WI and the Refrigeration Systems Division, located in Ramsey, MN and Dyersville, IA.
What Are We Like?
At Zero Zone, you will be a valued member of the Zero Zone team, able to take ownership of your own career path. We believe in hard work, teamwork, collaboration, and respect, and we have grown through dedication to our Purpose: “Preserving customer valuables through refrigeration.” For over 60 years, we have been a leader in refrigeration, and our people are well known for exceptional customer service. We also believe we are the COOLEST coworkers (pun intended)! This is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the refrigeration industry with one of the top leading manufacturers in the country! Come grow with us!!
What Can We Offer You?
- Vacation and Personal Hours (after only 30 days!)
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, HSA/FSA, EAP)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs and Incentives
- Employee Engagement Programs
- One-time Home Computer Reimbursement
- And more!
What Will You Do?
Under the direction of the Quality Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for the oversight of Industrial and complex Retail refrigeration systems from order entry through completion. He/she will take ownership of the project success both internally (Zero Zone measures) and externally (customer satisfaction). The role requires someone with a strong business acumen, technical & analytical skills, and a high sense of urgency. The Project Manager role will also collaborate and work closely with sourcing, operations and engineering teams in filling portfolio gaps and working through key launch deliverables.
NOTE: This position does not qualify for visa sponsorship.
- Overall ownership and knowledge of the project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Develop and maintain project schedule through all phases of the job from order entry, design, procurement, fabrication, shipping, install and start-up.
- Responsible for ensuring project scope is completed in its entirety and according to the contract documents.
- Assigned key projects, customer accounts, and support the quoting process as appropriate.
- Responsible for assuring the job is completed within the budget based on the quoted dollar amount as defined on the Contract/PO, and any subsequent change orders.
- Ensure jobs are completed on schedule committed to in the ZZ Order Confirmation.
- Serve as the interface between Zero Zone and the customer by being the primary point of contact through communications.
- Serve as the facilitator to coordinate activities and resolve open questions between Zero Zone groups in Sales, Engineering, Procurement, Production/QC, and Service.
- Ensure material is procured in a timely fashion to meet project schedule requirements.
- Serve as the go to person for any project items which are not clearly assigned.
- Schedule and facilitate project Kick Off meeting(s) at the appropriate time (order entry, production, field install/startup, etc.).
- Review project jobsite requirements as needed and coordinate with other departments on any applicable action items.
- Seek out submittal approval from the customer and communicates feedback and other comments back to the project team.
- Schedule and facilitate project review and lessons learned meeting following the completion of the job.
- Coordinate multidisciplinary technical review teams as necessary to support project tasks.
- Provide advice and assistance to department management and personnel.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures related to project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing or business administration is preferred, but not required.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a product-based manufacturing environment.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent certification is desired, but not required.
- Previous experience deploying successful complex projects, including delivered on-time; meeting project requirements with high satisfaction; and involving a number of team members and customers.
- Additional Skills
- Well organized, aggressive self-starter with the willingness to learn and grow with an ability to establish plans independently with limited direction or supervision.
- Proven ability to analyze current business issues, end-user needs.
- Must possess technical aptitude to understand product capabilities and consumer needs.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills to convey vision.
PHYSICAL & BEHAVIORAL: – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions:
- Regularly required to use hands to handle or touch, object tools, or controls.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, or sit, talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to reach above shoulders, climb, crouch, stoop, or kneel.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds usually from floor to waist level, up to 20 feet away.
- Zero Zone expects all employees to behave and communicate in a manner which will facilitate good relations with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors: maintaining a positive work atmosphere.