Who Are We?
Have you ever gone into a grocery store or convenience store for things like milk, bagged salads, or frozen pizza? The coolers and freezers you find those and other food products in are what we do!! Zero Zone is a manufacturer of reach-in and open refrigerated and frozen food display cases as well as the refrigeration systems that work behind the scenes to cool the cases, keeping the food fresh! We also make powerful industrial refrigeration systems for food warehousing, pharmaceuticals, and even ice rinks!
Our company is structured across 2 divisions – the Display Case Division, located in North Prairie, WI, Waukesha, WI, Pewaukee, WI and Mukwonago, WI and the Refrigeration Systems Division, located in Ramsey, MN and Dyersville, IA.
What Are We Like?
At Zero Zone, you will be a valued member of the Zero Zone team, able to take ownership of your own career path. We believe in hard work, teamwork, collaboration, and respect, and we have grown through dedication to our mission: “To exceed customer expectations through innovation, quality, and responsiveness.” For over 60 years, we have been a leader in refrigeration, and our people are well-known for exceptional customer service. We also believe we are the COOLEST coworkers (pun intended)! This is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the refrigeration industry with one of the top leading manufacturers in the country! Come grow with us!!
What Can We Offer You?
- Vacation and Personal Hours (after only 30 days!)
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, FSA, EAP)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs and Incentives
- Steel Toe Reimbursement
- Holidays parties, company lunches, and free coffee
- One-time Home Computer Reimbursement
- And more!
What Will You Do?
The Electrical Engineer conducts multiple engineering functions in a high pace custom manufacturing environment. Engineers will research, design, develop, plan, and select components for electromechanical, electronic control systems for commercial and industrial refrigeration products and systems. Engineers will work cross-departmentally and with customers to design industry leading products onsite with our skilled production team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design electrical control systems, generate and modify electrical schematics and panel layouts, assemble bills of material, develop instructions that describe the installation and operation of control systems, and provide support to other disciplines
- Equipment design to include specifying components of products and systems primarily used for commercial refrigeration, industrial refrigeration, and associated electrical power distribution systems
- Research and analyze data – such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals – to determine feasibility of design or application of products and systems
- Communicate with the sales organization or directly with the customer about product and system design, performance and specifications
- Coordinate with onsite manufacturing personnel to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications
- Develop production documentation and drawings using SolidWorks Electrical
- Coordinate efforts necessary to maintain compliance with agencies such as ETL, UL, NFPA’s NEC
- Respond to field service issues by providing solutions and support as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ten (10) plus years of related experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with electrical panel layout, schematic design, ladder logic programming, and system testing and troubleshooting preferred
- An understanding of electrical power distribution principles and design as well as an ability to learn the application and implementation of VFD’s for motor control is desired
- Electrical CAD/SolidWorks Electrical experience preferred
- Candidate must be proficient using Windows Office, and ERP software