Industrial Sales Manager
Who Are We?
Have you ever gone into a grocery store or convenience store for things like milk, bagged salads, or frozen pizza? The coolers and freezers you find those and other food products in are what we do!! Zero Zone is a manufacturer of reach-in and open refrigerated and frozen food display cases as well as the refrigeration systems that work behind the scenes to cool the cases, keeping the food fresh! We also make powerful industrial refrigeration systems for food warehousing, pharmaceuticals, and even ice rinks!
Our company is structured across 2 divisions – the Display Case Division, located in North Prairie, WI, Waukesha, WI, and Mukwonago, WI and the Refrigeration Systems Division, located in Ramsey, MN and Dyersville, IA.
What Are We Like?
At Zero Zone, you will be a valued member of the Zero Zone team, able to take ownership of your own career path. We believe in hard work, teamwork, collaboration, and respect, and we have grown through dedication to our Purpose: “Preserving customer valuables through refrigeration.” For over 60 years, we have been a leader in refrigeration, and our people are well known for exceptional customer service. We also believe we are the COOLEST coworkers (pun intended)! This is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the refrigeration industry with one of the top leading manufacturers in the country! Come grow with us!!
What Can We Offer You?
- Vacation and Personal Hours (after only 30 days!)
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, HSA/FSA, EAP)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs and Incentives
- Steel Toe Reimbursement
- Employee Engagement Programs
- One-time Home Computer Reimbursement
- And more!
What Will You Do?
The Industrial Sales Manager is responsible for managing Industrial Sales for a defined region or assigned accounts. The role will develop sales strategies, identify potential markets, and provide direction and support to the Independent Reps. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through sales activities and forging strong relationships with Independent Reps, Customers, and Internal Team. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, strategic, and results-driven leader who has strong experience in developing and executing sales strategies and programs. This job description lists major areas of responsibility and additional job activities may be added at any time. The following are the essential duties and responsibilities you can expect to do:
- Direct and coordinate sales priorities and pricing to maximize revenue and profits for Zero Zone
- Prepare annual sales forecasts and manage to meet or exceed sales revenues
- Provide a status report every two weeks on sales activities focusing on Key Customers, Industrial Sales, Reps and updates on major quotes and projects. Reports should focus at least 50% on future planning and actions.
- Complete quarterly and annual review of Reps and provide recommendations for improvement or replacement to President
- Work with the Director of Industrial Sales to assign sales territory to independent sales representatives
- Work with the Director of Industrial Sales, Reps, and Inside Sales team(s) to coordinate management of all accounts including the development of new project proposals/bid packages.
- Proactively assist customers and sales team in maintaining relationships and negotiating contracts.
- Conduct strategic account analysis to evaluate effectiveness of sales methods for new and existing accounts, as a basis to strengthen customer relationships and measure costs and results.
- Manage training activities for Independent Reps
- Review and approve Customer & Rep visits; coordinate visits with Executive Assistant, Director of Industrial Sales; notify President, Divisional Vice President/General Manager(s), Director Marketing and Inside Sales Team
- Work with Inside Sales, Engineering and other Departments to define and track key performance criteria including scope, budget and milestone dates for successful job completion.
- Assist with Marketing Strategies and provide direction to the marketing team as requested
- Represent the company at trade shows, conferences, and/or business meetings to promote the company.
- Assist in product development initiatives as requested
- Complete expense reports on a weekly basis per company policy.
What Are We Looking For?
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of you in this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, sales or marketing related fields; or equivalent combination of technical training, knowledge and experience.
- Minimum of 4+ years of proven sales experience; 2+ years of regional sales with technical product knowledge.
- Strategic sales, territory management, business development and advanced negotiation skills desirable
- Strong refrigeration knowledge is desirable
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office Suite
- Current valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Requires overnight travel approximately 25% – 40% of the time.
- Leadership skills to positively influence and educate others
- Highly resourceful and independent worker who is highly motivated to succeed even when setbacks occur.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of company personnel and others at all levels.
- Maintain a positive attitude and promote a climate of positive employee relations throughout the organization.
- Exceptional organizational skills with focus on attention to detail.
- Ability to solve and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in an urgent manner.
- Effectively establishes and ensures a “team” approach.