Who Are We?
Have you ever gone into a grocery store or convenience store for things like milk, bagged salads, or frozen pizza? The coolers and freezers you find those and other food products in are what we do!! Zero Zone is a manufacturer of reach-in and open refrigerated and frozen food display cases as well as the refrigeration systems that work behind the scenes to cool the cases, keeping the food fresh! We also make powerful industrial refrigeration systems for food warehousing, pharmaceuticals, and even ice rinks!
Our company is structured across 2 divisions – the Display Case Division, located in North Prairie, WI, Waukesha, WI, and Mukwonago, WI and the Refrigeration Systems Division, located in Ramsey, MN and Dyersville, IA.
What Are We Like?
At Zero Zone, you will be a valued member of the Zero Zone team, able to take ownership of your own career path. We believe in hard work, teamwork, collaboration, and respect, and we have grown through dedication to our Purpose: “Preserving customer valuables through refrigeration.” For over 60 years, we have been a leader in refrigeration, and our people are well known for exceptional customer service. We also believe we are the COOLEST coworkers (pun intended)! This is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the refrigeration industry with one of the top leading manufacturers in the country! Come grow with us!!
What Can We Offer You?
- Vacation and Personal Hours (after only 30 days!)
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, HSA/FSA, EAP)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs and Incentives
- Steel Toe Reimbursement
- Employee Engagement Programs
- One-time Home Computer Reimbursement
- And more!
What Will You Do?
Under the direction of the Research and Advanced Development Engineering Manager, the Refrigeration Product Performance & Research Engineer will be the subject matter expert in all aspects of the refrigeration design of display case merchandising units as it pertains to this market. This may include computer modeling and simulation, specification, test planning, analysis/documentation of data and project management. The individual should enjoy problem solving challenges, being creative in solutions, and working collaboratively with groups. This may include working with other refrigeration engineers or others in the company to ensure designs meet Zero Zone’s current requirements and where needed propose and implement new business improvements; all of which is data-driven.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a supporter in all areas of Zero Zone’s strategic vision, purpose and priorities with particular focus on Commitment to Organizational Excellence and Product Platforms.
- Help Develop the Theory of Operation of design and direct design engineering efforts to fulfill project requirements which fulfill the Voice of Customer (VOC). This will include associated documentation.
- Component design/evaluation for custom projects
- Alternative vendor selection/evaluation for supply chain
- Implementation of change orders
- Participation in new product development projects using design skills for refrigeration and applying best practices
- Ability to enhance designs for optimum energy efficiencies and performance
- Overcoming design challenges associated with refrigeration gases, valve selections, racks, skids, remote, hybrids and self-contains, evaporator coil design.
- This is a shared service among the design teams
- Other duties assigned
What Are We Looking For?
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of you in this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Refrigeration Engineering or 10+ years of experience in refrigeration engineering role.
- 4+ years experience in commercial R448a and alternative refrigerants such as A2L’s, Propane and CO2 refrigeration applications
- 4+ years experience implementing refrigeration controls strategy
- Experience with refrigeration coil/airflow design and testing
- Understanding of ASHRAE, Intertek or other Agency is preferred
- Solid aptitude in data interpretation and ability to decipher results
- Desired experience in statistical methodology and packages like Minitab
- Desired experience in CFD.
- Understanding of GD&T and relationship to Cpk’s
- Work cross-functionally to evaluate and develop new technologies and products.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.